Reinvent Healing
My journey to creating "Reinventing Healing" stemmed from my own struggles with mental health. Like many, I had achieved what society often defines as success: a fulfilling career, a loving family, and the outward appearance of a happy life. However, I discovered that happiness isn't a simple equation of effort equaling reward. We can work incredibly hard, strive for specific goals, and still find ourselves facing unexpected challenges that disrupt our sense of well-being. This is especially true in the realm of relationships, where the desire for love and connection can be profound, yet we often struggle to share what we haven't yet cultivated within ourselves. We can't pour from an empty cup.
My personal journey brought this truth into sharp focus, particularly with my struggles with infertility, marriage, and motherhood. The arrival of my beautiful daughter should have been a moment of pure joy, it was. Yet, it also ushered in the darkness of postpartum depression. Instead of the elation I anticipated, I was engulfed by a wave of fear, anxiety, and a deep, pervasive sadness. I wrestled with anger, disappointment, and a constant stream of tears. The disconnect between the joy I expected to feel and the reality of my experience was deeply unsettling. I couldn't reconcile the love I had for my daughter with the overwhelming negativity that consumed me.This period of postpartum depression eventually evolved into generalized anxiety and depression, further complicating my ability to navigate daily life. Simultaneously, my marriage was facing its own challenges. Through this difficult period, I came to a crucial realization: I had choices. Despite my deep desire for a traditional family structure, I now had a daughter to consider. I recognized that I was at a crossroads. I could either remain in an unhealthy marriage, modeling a dysfunctional relationship for my daughter, or I could choose a different path. I ultimately chose to redefine what family meant for us. I wanted to teach my daughter that she, too, had choices, and that family can take many forms. It was a difficult decision, one born out of both heartbreak and a fierce determination to create a healthier and happier future for myself and my child.
This deeply impacted me, highlighting the importance of open conversations about mental health. I believe in the power of speaking our truths, asking for help when needed, and leaning on loved ones during vulnerability. Healing is unique to each individual, but sharing our stories can help us reframe our perspectives.
A favorite quote from Brené Brown's "The Gifts of Imperfection" resonates deeply: "We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known, and when we honor the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness, and affection."Love isn't something we give or receive; it's nurtured and grown. It thrives between two people when it exists within each of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves. Shame, blame, and disrespect damage the roots of love. True healing requires acknowledging and addressing these wounds."
"Reinventing Healing" became my way of sharing this journey, the struggles, and the ultimate discovery that healing and happiness are not destinations, but rather a continuous process of self-discovery and reinvention.
'Reinventing Healing' aims to provide a safe space for others to share their stories, find support, and understand that healing is an ongoing, non-linear journey. Prioritizing ease and peace through self-care is crucial in reclaiming your power. It's a journey worth embracing.
This deeply impacted me, highlighting the importance of open conversations about mental health. I believe in the power of speaking our truths, asking for help when needed, and leaning on loved ones during vulnerability. Healing is unique to each individual, but sharing our stories can help us reframe our perspectives.
A favorite quote from Brené Brown's "The Gifts of Imperfection" resonates deeply: "We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known, and when we honor the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness, and affection."Love isn't something we give or receive; it's nurtured and grown. It thrives between two people when it exists within each of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves. Shame, blame, and disrespect damage the roots of love. True healing requires acknowledging and addressing these wounds."
"Reinventing Healing" became my way of sharing this journey, the struggles, and the ultimate discovery that healing and happiness are not destinations, but rather a continuous process of self-discovery and reinvention.
'Reinventing Healing' aims to provide a safe space for others to share their stories, find support, and understand that healing is an ongoing, non-linear journey. Prioritizing ease and peace through self-care is crucial in reclaiming your power. It's a journey worth embracing.
I hope for everyone that they don't settle for anything less than a gentle love - the kind that makes you feel safe and secure, that calms and protects you, that gives you assurance and knows your worth. This love will be your safe haven, the space you run to when the world feels overwhelming. This love exists, and I believe it will find its way to you. Until then, do not settle.
With Love,
Anabel
Love yourself first; it will prepare you for when that love arrives.
Comments
Post a Comment